200 Hour YTT
Yoga Teacher Training Thailand
Yoga Alliance Accredited
“…the best way to learn yoga, practice or deepen your own knowledge with amazing and beautiful teachers in a little paradise” – Marie. D
Do you wanna teach Yoga
Deepen your Practice
Connect to your Purpose?
Embody your Flow * Find your Voice * Share your Passion
Join us for an intimate and transformative journey
on the tropical island of Koh Phangan, Thailand.
This high vibe 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training, set in lush natural beauty, offers a safe and sacred immersion and deep exploration of Yoga as a living philosophy and powerful tool for self-discovery through the practices of Yoga Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, Chanting, Philosophy, Alignment and more.
Combing ancient wisdom with modern teaching techniques, Pure Flow Yoga’s 200 hour Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher Training will guide you on a journey of evolution and awakening, allowing you to deepen your understanding and foundations of Yoga philosophy and practice, while fostering your LOVE of Yoga.
Featuring Vinyasa, Hatha Flow, Yin Yoga, and a range of inspiring topics, workshops, explorations, discussions, and embodied experiences, including Sacred Sound, Yoga for Social Change & Ayurveda, dance and music, this yoga teacher training program will provide you with a deep immersion into the art, science, and heart of this wisdom tradition, preparing you with the skills and confidence to teach Yoga all over the world.
Designed for committed Yoga students & aspiring Yoga Teachers, the transformational alchemy of this yoga teacher training Thailand comes from steady practices of Yoga as well as study and learning the alignment, traditions, and history of Yoga. This 28-day intensive is a progressive journey through the layers of Yogic philosophy and physical practice that will prepare you with wisdom and experience to help heal heart, body, and mind of yourself and others.
…the journey IS the destination…
“…all the teachers are GREAT – passionate, knowledgeable, kind-hearted people that make you feel comfortable right away and create an atmosphere of sharing and caring that felt very precious. The vibes there are unique. And the yoga itself is wonderful – beautiful studio and great practices. I had an amazing time and would recommend it to anyone looking to deepen their yoga practice and get in touch with themselves!” – Pauline
Francie Fishman | Pure Flow Yoga Founder
Why Join our Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand?
This training is the perfect balance of practice and play with learning and structure to help inspire, empower, educate and support you on the path of awakening, both as a student and a teacher.
Teaching yoga is not only a great way to do more of what you love but also a beautiful way to give to the community and help others find more peace, ease, and joy.
Feel supported to take your Yoga practice to the next level – Each morning of this training will be dedicated to the nourishing your practice with pranayama, meditation, chanting, contemplation and Yoga Asana
Top notch knowledgable, experienced and engaging teachers and guest speakers: Francie, Atira Tan, Kimmana Nichols will be your guides for this life-changing journey into the Heart of Yoga
A supportive and encouraging environment that will leave you with wonderful friends from all over the world: Coming together as a group to evolve can be one of the most powerful experiences we share this lifetime. We will explore our state of being, who we are and tap into our gifts for the world so that we can empower ourselves to step up in the world and SHINE!
An emphasis on some of the more Eastern practices (like pranayama, kriyas, yoga nidra, mantras)
A Magical & Peaceful location in an Alternative Community – the perfect setting for a Yoga training + transformation
Music, Ceremony, Dance, Authentic Expression
And so much more…
Our compassionate scheduling includes 1 full day and 1 half day off a week so that we can integrate, enjoy nature and pace ourselves, making it 30 days from start to finish, but 28 days of training.
- Tea & Break
- Asana Alignment Study, Anatomy & Adjustments
- Lunch , Beach, Study & Relaxation
- – Philosophy
- Satsang, Kirtan, Practice teaching
- Dinner & Personal Time
- Special Events x 3 nights throughout training
- 1 x 60 minute revitalisng Thai or Oil Massage
- 1 x Herbal Steam Room Visit
- Intimate, Loving & Nurturing environment (max 24 students)
- Pure Flow Yoga Training Manual
- Supportive, compassionate and experienced teachers
- Accommodation at Bamboo Huts, the perfect compliment to the Yogi lifestyle
- Delicious healthy breakfast daily @ Bamboo Huts
- Daily Playful yet powerful Hatha & Vinyasa Flow Yoga Asana sessions
- Inspiring and diverse workshops and special events
- Expressive Music, Dance, and Movement Sessions to help you find your Voice as a teacher
- Engaging and Informative lectures and discussions on anatomy, philosophy, and methodology
- Introduction to Ayurveda and Living balanced healthy lifestyle
- Connections with an International Yoga community
- Deep connection to pristine nature beauty of the island’s lush jungles and turquoise waters
EXCLUDED from your Yoga Teacher Training Package:
Airfare, other travel costs, tourist visa, food, any extra night’s accommodation, optional activities and/or treatments
We are excited to announce that for each registration we will give $150 USD to Yoga for Freedom to help support ending the vicious cycle of sex slavery and unite the yoga community to create social change.
Since 2015, Yoga for Freedom has raised a total sum of $35,000 in 2 years, and supported 2,365 women and girls
- We welcome students that have been practicing Yoga regularly for a minimum of 1 year
- We invite students to join us with an open-heart, open mind and a willingness to embrace the learning experience, and to be supportive of themselves and fellow students
- Participation in our Facebook Group – exclusively for YTT students and necessary for Certification
- Autobiography of a Yogi – Pamahamsa Yogananda
- Our Pure Flow Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Yoga Sequencing – Mark Stephens
- Deeper Dimensions of Yoga – Georg Feurstein
- Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations & Techniques – Mark Stephens
Tuition, Deposit & Registration Form
$3400 USD includes accommodation & daily breakfast
Step 1: Fill out Registration Form
Step 2: Complete Payment – Please note, if you are not eligible for our training, you will be refunded 100%
- Option 1 – Payment Plan : Pay $500 USD Deposit required for registration (included in full tuition price). The remainder of the tuition can be paid with our Payment Plan of 4 instalments of $725 USD (due March 30, April 30, May 30, June 30)
- Option 2 – Pay FULL TUITION – Early Bird price available until March 15, 2018
Step 3: Get Excited!!! Once you’ve completed your payment option, we’ll send you more information to help prepare you for travel and the Yoga Teacher Training.
2018 YTT Registration
Yoga Alliance Curriculum
Techniques, Training and Practice: 100 Hours
Asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours must be a mix between: 1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and 2) guided practice of the techniques themselves. Both areas must receive substantial emphasis.
Teaching Methodology: 25 Hours
The Teaching Methodology category covers a broad overview and analysis of teaching methods, rather than how to practice or teach specific techniques. See the example topics below to help clarify the differences between the Techniques, Training and Practice category and the Teaching Methodology category:
- Communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries
- How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations, to the degree possible in a group setting
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting
- Teaching styles
- Qualities of a teacher
- The student learning process
- Business aspects of teaching yoga* (including marketing and legal)
Anatomy and Physiology: 20 Hours*
Human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and may also include energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Includes both the study of anatomy and physiology along with its application to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc.).
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: 30 hours
- The study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts (such as the Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika or Bhagavad Gita)
- Yoga lifestyle, such as the precept of non-violence (ahimsa), and the concepts of dharma and karma
- Ethics for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher – student relationships and community
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others (seva)
Practicum: 10 Hours
- Practice teaching as the lead instructor (does not include assisting, observing or giving feedback)*
- Receiving and giving feedback
- Observing others teaching**
- Assisting students while someone else is teaching
*Special Requirement: Each trainee must spend a minimum of 5 Contact Hours actively practice teaching as the lead instructor. Time spent assisting, observing others teaching, or giving feedback to others is excluded from these hours.
**Evaluation or observation of yoga classes outside of the RYS Teacher Training Program constitutes Non-Contact Hours.
Remaining Contact Hours and Elective Hours: 15 Hours
Non-contact hours can include Reading, Writing, Self-practice, Homework etc.
Total Hours: 200 Hours
I just want to "deepen my practice", not necessarily teach - Is this course for me?
Our YTT is designed to help you deepen your personal practice, while also helping you to gain confidence and voice as a teacher.
Many of our students with to simply gain a solid foundation of Yoga and it’s practice, to study yoga philosophy / tradition, and develop more healthy lifestyle habits while immersed in a paradise environment amidst a loving community of Yogis and seekers.
Whether you decide to teach Yoga or not, please know that you are welcome to join. Discovering your voice, and learning to share your passion for the practice and it’s benefits may inspire you to teach on some level in your life along your way, and this course will help you develop the tool and skills to do so.
How intense is this Training?
Yoga Teacher Trainings are an intensive and highly transformative journey of self-discovery, practice and showing up – missing more than 3 day can compromise your certificate if that’s important to you. This training requires a dedication to your daily practice, homework, reading, and oftentimes, being out of your comfort zone. Being in a new environment, new community, being physical every day, and existing within a highly structured course can be challenging at times, and we assure you that ultimately you will LOVE this and grow so much from this experience. Our teachers are here to fully support and honour you through this experience, and we also place an emphasis on self-care. We are even gifting you a FREE MASSAGE and STEAM ROOM pass to help you on your journey of cultivating more self-love!
What is the Cancellation & Refund Policy?
We have designed our cancellation policy to be as compassionate as possible in the case that your plans change. But to protect yourself further, we strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance.
In the case of cancellation the total tuition price may be refunded up until 2 months before the Yoga Retreat’s start date minus the $500 deposit and administration fee, and the accommodation fee (if applicable).
Please note that there will be no refunds or discounts for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays or illness. If you cancel your participation in a retreat for any reason, the cancellation policy will apply, with no exceptions. We wish we could compensate people for unforseen circumstances (injury, family emergency, etc), but we have costs already incurred when reserving.
Accommodation Cancellation / Change of Date Policy: Once paid the accommodation fees are non-refundable. Changing of dates are subject to availability and a surcharge of $50 USD.
Do I need to be an "advanced" Yogi to participate?
At Pure Flow Yoga, we see being “advanced” in Yoga as being far beyond being able to do the splits or put your leg behind your head!
We simply require our students to commit to learning, develop your personal practice, and maintain an open mind and willingness to expand.
Will I be able to teach anywhere in the world with this Certification?
Yes! Once you’ve completed the 200 hour course and all of its requirements, including teaching practicums, homework and assessment, you will receive your certification which allows you to register with the Yoga Alliance (www.yogaalliance.org) at the RYT-200 level (Registered Yoga Teacher 200).
We recommend that for your first year as a Yoga Teacher, you share and reflect on your practice with family, friends and volunteering, to help you gain the confidence and expertise that will make you a truly amazing facilitator.