Walking the Beauty Way
with Malaika Darville
“In many shamanic societies, if you came to a shaman or medicine person complaining of being disheartened, dispirited or depress, they would ask you one of four questions: When did you stop dancing? When did you stop singing? When did you stop being enchanted by stories? When did you stop finding comfort in the sweet territory of silence?”
– Ageles Arrien, from the forward to “Maps to Ecstasy”.
Listen to Malaika on the Pure Flow Yoga Podcast Here:
It is my honour, joy and privilege to introduce to the show today, my friend, teacher and community-mate Malaika Darville, a powerful shaman-ness, ceremonialist, Yogi, musician, community elder, 5-elements Ecstatic Dance facilitator, and DJ, with her basket FULL of life-experiences.
Malaika is committed to walking the beauty way: she has been travelling and living in indigenous and tribal cultures, and has been sharing her earth wisdom worldwide for over 25 years. She has walked the shamanic path for a lifetime, and is known across the globe, for her ability to re-connect individuals with their inner body spirituality, helping all who practice with her to access to higher realms of consciousness and authenticity.
Her mission is to create sacred space through ritual and ceremony to bring personal and planetary awakening, restoring balance to our distorted and over-civilised culture.
In this Episode, Malaika shares about:
- the Rise of the Feminine and why we need to balance and heals the wounds of the Shiva & Shakti principle within each of us
- Embodiment, Movement, Ecstatic Dance & Community‘s for Healing ourselves and our planet
- the Beauty Way – Emergent Culture and the rise of festival and retreat culture
- the Importance of Ancestors, Tribe & Ceremony for initiating people and bringing people together to heal,
- Indigenous Wisdom – Ho’oponono – conscious relating to bring freedom from the trauma / drama cycle
- Elemental Awakening and the benefits of planting seeds for exploring our shadow as well as our light
- Going with the Flow & why we need to have experiences timelessness for our inner evolution
Malaika’s accreditations include being a qualified ISHTA yoga teacher, Qualified Water Dance Practitioner, African Dance performer and teacher, Dj, Ceremonialist, Creatrix of 5Elements Dance Activation™ a shamanic dynamic meditation dance journey embodying the five cardinal elements, earth water, fire, air and spirit. She is a Wisdom Keeper and inspirational facilitator who has been at the forefront of the consciousness movement.
Malaika shares her wisdom and magic at the world’s top events including Burning Man, Symbiosis, Festival of Bliss, Tantra Festival Thailand, Woodford Folk Festival, Bellingen Global Carnival, Peats Ridge Festival, Ibiza Tantra Festival, Bali Spirit Festival, BOOM Festival and numerous private events.
Website – In my Elements – Malaika’s website with complete list of dates & offerings
Instagram – @inmyelements
Soundcloud – DJ Ma on Soundcloud – FREE Ecstatic Dance DJ Music Sets