Continuing Education –YACEP
Coaching & Mentoring
Professional Development, Training, Support and Education for Yoga Teachers
The first role of the teacher is to be humble…the character, the courage, the grace, and the magnitude of a person is in practicing humility. One who cannot go under can never grow. The first power of the seed is to go under, and then grow. – Yogi Bhajan
Are you a Yoga teacher?
Ready to deepen your Conversation with Yoga?
Looking for a Yoga Mentor or Coach?
Combine Business + Pleasure with our YACEP accredited Continuing Education Credit Mentoring
Mentoring is more than just having an adventure of knowledge and learning. It’s about developing a deep relationship of genuine, satisfying connection and growth – body, mind and heart.
Whether you’re starting out as a yoga teacher or whether you are experienced but want to develop your skills and take it to the next level, having a mentor can help you evolve as a person and teacher, and help you stand out as a Yoga Teacher and become the Yogi you want to be.
Our intimate and deepening YACEP courses and mentoring sessions provide you a rich experience with Yoga, and an individualised framework to go deeper into your practice and areas of interest with a qualified and experience mentor.
Certification provides you with more credentials to help you stand out and let others in your community know your dedication to Yoga and ongoing learning
Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Requirements
If you are a 200-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher, (RYT 200) you must complete 45 hours of Continuing Education every three years.
This includes 30 hours of yoga training – at least 10 hours must be contact hours with a qualified provider and no more than 20 hours may be non-contact hours.
Click here to learn more here about requirements for an RYT and why a Continuing Education course could be right for you.
Included in you 30 hour YACEP certification
What’s Included in the Continuing Education Mentorship:
- 12 x 60 mins – 1:1 Support & Coaching Sessions (over 6 months)
- Bespoke Curriculum based in your strengths, passion and interests,
- Homework Assignments & Review
- Intro to Yoga Manual
- Customised Learning Resources
- YACEP Certificate of Completion
How you’ll Grow:
- Build confidence to create and hold a safe and sacred space
- Find and enhance your authentic teaching voice
- Access the knowledge, wisdom and support of a senior yoga teacher with more than 15+ years experience
- Receive feedback on your teaching and address key areas of improvement
- Discover and amplify your unique gift as a yoga teacher
- Deepen your practice, connect your purpose and find your voice
How we work together:
- We will create a bespoke program for your unique needs and goals.
- You’ll be held accountable for your process and progress.
- Together we will challenge your personal boundaries, expand your knowledge of Yoga and it’s many aspects and
- Design a structure to help you expand and grow your knowledge and wisdom
- During our time together you’ll receive honest feedback and instruction on how to level up as a Yoga teacher
Who this is for:
This mentorship is not for everyone. Studentship requires a deep immersion and marinating in learning. This mentorship requires dedication and devotion over time. It’s not simply about ticking a box to receive a certification, but rather about deepening your relationship with yourself and your practice so that you can be an excellent teacher in service to others
This program is for you if you:
- Are committed, willing and desiring to integrate yoga as a daily part of your life,
- Maintain a personal practice
- Prepare for our sessions to make sure we get the most of our time together
- Be willing to be corrected and guided
- 100% of attendance required for the certification
Why work with me?
For me, Yoga is not just my career, it’s my passion and my way of life.
I have university degrees in both Psychology and Education, and I’ve been teaching for 15+ years.
I have run a successful Yoga Retreat Center in Thailand for the past eight years,have been deeply involved as a founder, producer, and facilitator of world-class projects and high-vibe events and festivals, experiences and gatherings across the planet. As a result, I have deep insight and experience on how to (and how not to) run a heart-centred business.
Additionally, I have been living and immersed in community for the past decade, and am a dedicated student of life myself.
Continuing Education Modules
At Pure Flow Yoga, we LOVE learning, sharing and exploring all things Yoga!
Pure Flow Yoga offers intimate and transformational courses and explorations in Yoga practice, lifestyle & philosophy to support students to deepen their practice and understanding of this sacred n ancient wisdom tradition.
We offer the modules listed below in rotation. When you sign up for your course, you will identify your primary areas of interest so that we can help custom design a course that meets you and your individual interest and needs.
- Asana Alignment – The ABCs of Yoga
- Asana: Intro to Surya Namaskar, Sun Salutation
- Asana: Creating, Establishing & Maintaining a Home Practice
- Introduction to Meditation and Pranayama
- Partner Yoga & Therapeutics
- Yoga Nidra
- Yin Yoga & Sound Healing
Yogic Philosophy & Energy Anatomy
- The 4 paths of Yoga
- Introduction to Ashtanga Yoga – the 8 limbed Pathway to Awakening
- Yamas & Niyamas- Ethics and Disciplines for Freedom
- Koshas – The 5 bodies of our Being
- Chakras – Energy Anatomy
- Gunas – Living in Balance – Sattva, Rajas & Tamas
Yoga in Daily Life
- Ayurveda – 5 Elements & the Science of Daily Living
- Mindfulness & Living Consciously
- Journal Writing
- Yoga of Sound : Mantra, Myth & Vocal Activation
- Sound Healing
- 5 Element Ecstatic Dance
- Kirtan – Ecstatic devotional singing
- Essential Teaching Skills: Mirroring, Sequencings, & Theming
- Holding space & the Trauma Informed Approach
- Specialty topic – Enneagram & the Vertical Approach
- Yoga + Emotions
Teaching Mentorship & Coaching
Each certification includes personalised Mentorship and Feedback sessions to support RYTs with their current teaching practice.
These sessions are custom designed to meet your current personal needs and desires, as well as to offer you ongoing feedback and professional development for your current teaching practice.
Often these sessions are used to help you get clear about your mission and goals as a Yoga teacher, identify the challenges that present to you, and create plans of action and accountability to help you feel aligned, empowered, clear and confident.
Homework Assignment & Review
Students are required to complete their 5 hours of non-contact hours for certification and have a choice of focus:
Elective 1: Create a Learning Resource
- Choose any Yoga related specialty topic or area of interest, and create a learning resource.
- This can be an e-book, a teaching presentation, a video tutorial, an informative blog post.
Elective 2: Book Report
Write a book report or Create an informative Blog or Vlog Post.
Choose and read one of the following recommended books, or submit a proposal for another book, and create a 2- 3 page report within 1 month of the course completion.
Summarise the essence of the book
- Mention anything that particular struck you
- Explain how you will use what you’ve learned to inform your teaching
- Why do you think this book is interesting or important?
- Would you recommend it to others? Why?
Elective 3: Plan, Teach & Reflect on a Workshop
- Based on what we’ve covered in your course, choose one topic and create a lesson plan with objectives
- Teach your class publicly or to a small group of friends.
- Write a report about the workshop – what went well, what didn’t go well, how would you improve for the next time?